https://www.facebook.com/notes/magdalena-d-photography/photography-tip-of-the-day/399889316727554 and simply added in a few of my own bits of photography..just because reading is so much better with pictures!
Tips For Your Outdoor Couples Shoot
Indoor- well you can do whatever you want as long as you have the ultimate package...
but for engagement shoots, anniversary, or darn we need good pics done to send to Gradma here are some tips...
- Color coordinate your outfits. Ok, for this one, don't be nerds and dress exactly the same. But keep in in the same family of colors. Blues, greys, blacks and whites go well. Browns, beige, white, and blues go well. Also a pop of color looks good on her. Something really pink, red or yellow as long as the rest is neutral. For more ideas look at magazines. Art directors get paid a lot of money to coordinate outfits on shoots.
- DO NOT WEAR BUSY PATTERNS! yes I am shouting this one. Keep it simple.
- Wear something that you've tried and tested. I has to be comfortable, it has to fit, it has to boost your confidence. It shows in the picture.
- Location. Where he proposed...sure! Where you met... sure! Around your neighborhood, your favourite park, coffee shop, store, restaurant. Commando style, my motto is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
- Time. I encourage every couple to play hookie on a weekday to do this. Weekdays everything is less busy and less people staring. Choose a early morning (before eleven am) or a later evening (after five pm) the light is the most flattering. We should aim to spend a max of hour and a half.
- Makeup. I do not care how natural your everyday looks is. For this one put on some mascara, blush and gloss please! You hear me you chapstick women! Also for the glamour divas remember we are outside and its daylight, keep the vampy down. And for emphasis: MASCARA! For guys: brush your eyebrows, if you have dark eyes circles you can even wear a dab on concealer, your manhood will tolerate it. Be careful when you shave to avoid nicks and do wear lip balm for a smooth pout. For both: if you are prone to shine, keep those matting papers handy, specially in warmer weather.
- Hair. Natural is best, hats... only if you really want to and you wear it every freaking day. Style your hair the day before, I love next day hair, it looks more natural and less done. Spray fly always. Oh and don't forget your manicure! Of course I have to take a picture of your ring.
We are aiming for natural and casual but have some things in consideration.
When kissing ( I will bark a: now kiss! often, you've been warned) church tongue. Just a bit. Do not squash your face against each other, keep it light and playful. Who ever has the best profile gets to have their nose on the camera side. This will make sense in the pictures, trust me.
Also a good one, leaning into each other, one person looking at the camera, the other smelling the temple. Sounds so weird but it works. Keep it touchy-feely, look into each other, remove strands of hair... all the corny stuff :) And the most important one smile ! smile tons!